Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Elvis has left the building...and is taking requests at the curb

LV_3222

I have been having an immense amount of fun as of late photographing in public. I've always thought of myself as primarily a colour shooter. So I'm somewhat surprised by my inclination to interpret these results in black and white and not colour. It's a welcome reminder that an open mind is the best attitude with which to approach anything. The challenge of this type of work is that I'm relient upon my ability to recognise, compose and execute a photograph almost instantaneously. I don't have the luxury of pondering solutions to a photograph, I must quickly and effectively react to the events around me. Sometimes I fail and sometimes I succeed. I do not know at the time. I am trying to see, and this what i have been enjoying as of late. There is no client, this is simply a selfish act, a self-indulgence. It is joy.

No comments: